Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Weekend: Reason #908,309,039,231 to be Thankful

Weekends... they need no explanation. I'm just thankful for them.

Saturday, October 25, 2008: Cookouts
Sallie, my bff, came out to see the new house in Atlanta for the first time on Saturday! As soon as she got there, we made some no-bake cookies and headed over to our good friends Al and Kassie's apartment for football-watching and a cookout. It was truly wonderful to see everyone there since I don't get to see many of them often! Seeing old friends wasn't the only great thing -- Georgia beat LSU - a much-needed victory, Bama beat Tennessee (I really, really don't like Tennessee) AND I ate a delicious hamburger! It was truly a great day!

Sunday, October 26, 2008: Porch Swings
Today was just one of the most beautiful days, in every way. Sallie and I woke up and laid in bed for a while before getting up and having a tasty breakfast at the Wa-Ho. Then, I listened to an Andy Stanley podcast while I drove home and had a trampoline battle with my sister, Alyssa. I'm pretty sure she won because she's mastered the beauty of the double-jump. Don't worry, I'll get there. Then, Dad, Aly, my brother, Zack, and I all went to see High School Musical 3!!! It was so wonderfully bad -- just like the other two!

After we got home, I went outside and just swang on our porch swing for a half hour while the sun set. The temperature was perfect and the sun was setting just over some houses, making the trees look like their different-colored leaves were catching fire. It smelt like fresh laundry outside, oddly. While I was swinging, this boy across the street was doing tricks on his scooter and an old couple was out for a walk. It was so pleasant, I could have stayed there forever!

But, it got too cold. :)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

both are excellent reasons to be thankful....even better would be watching the football games, eating the burgers, swinging in the swing. :) maybe next week!