Friday, October 17, 2008

Playing Catch-Up Already... :)

Wouldn't you know, after one week of this project, I've already slacked off! ...In my defense, I was out of town at a Chick-fil-A Grand Opening in Laredo, Texas most of last week and I didn't have my computer with me (which, as I will explain in a second, is something I am thankful for). So, I'm going to make up for the past week now.

Tuesday, October 14: Recovering Work-a-holic
Anyone who's known me for an extended period of time knows that I am a slight workaholic. I don't mean to be. It just happened when I started working.
Type A personality + "Words of Affirmation" love language = Overworker/workaholic
Anyway, coming into the full-time working world, where I will live for the next 40 years of my life, I decided I would not allow myself to work 70-hour weeks, bring my laptop home every day or leave after 5:30. And, surprisingly, I have stuck to my plan so far.

Wednesday, October 15: Disney Movies
Apart from the 'bear' necessities, I'm not sure there's anything I'm more thankful for than Walt Disney and his animated motion pictures. Seriously... give me a bad day, but then put on a Disney movie... instant cure.
Top Five
1. Sleeping Beauty
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. The Lion King
5. Cinderella
Feel free to argue.

Thursday, October 16: Road Trips
Oh my gosh, I love road trips!! Half the fun to me is making the playlist for the car-ride. But I think the most fun part is the inevitable list of random, HILARIOUS quotes from a small group of people being stuffed together in one location for an extended period of time! I guess the destination's not normally too bad either. :)

Friday, October 17: Flowers
Flowers are just happy. Specifically daisies. Gerber daisies or the white ones with the yellow centers! But, I also really like tulips!
While I used to claim that I didn't want flowers from boys because it was so typically girly, I was lying. Flowers are such a happy addition to a day and they light up any room. Love them!

Saturday, October 18: Engagements!
Saturday, my best friend Molly got engaged!!! And it was just about the cutest proposal ever!! She and her now-fiance, Bryan, were in Chattanooga for the weekend and they had gone for a walk on this bridge after dinner. About halfway down the bridge, Bryan slowed til they just stopped and he must have been quiet for more than 20 seconds, because Molly inevitably said, "Ask me a question!" Right then and there, he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him!!! Of course she said yes!!

Sunday, October 19: M.O.H.
I'm sorry, but this just had to be a separate post. Molly asked me to be her Maid of Honor (hereafter referred to as M.O.H.) and this is a picture of my dress.

I'm so beyond excited, it's not even funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...K, I just had to get that out of my system.

Monday, October 20: Shallow Television
Wasn't going to include this, but truly the best thing about my Monday is getting to come home and sit in my comfy living room with my roomies and watch Gossip Girl and The Hills! It's completely shallow, but it's just so much fun! It just makes me want to go paint my nails.


Tuesday, October 21: Hocus Pocus
For the past two years, Kathryn Griffin and I have been desperately searching video rental stores for Hocus Pocus, the 1993 Halloween classic. Granted, we only try to rent it around the Halloween season, but it is frustrating nonetheless when it's not in stock. So, last night, Amanda, Audrey, Katie and I all got a sudden urge to do something Fall/Halloween-ish and since it was already late, a movie seemed the only route. And that's when it hit us: HOCUS POCUS!!! So, Katie and I set out on Mission HP 2008. Let's just say that due to a series of circumstances, including a robbery, an incompetent Blockbuster worker, fifteen streets in Atlanta that go by the name 'Peachtree' and the severe lack of a GPS system, it took us an hour and a half -- but we completed our mission!!!
Hocus Pocus is now sitting very proudly on our coffee table in the living room and that is where it will remain until next Wednesday. Oh sweet victory!
If you want to read about another fun (she might argue with that adjective) adventure, check out Kelly's post on the many obstacles she went through to transport the bike of her dreams back home.

And finally....

Wednesday, October 22: Blueberry Coffee Cake
Last night, Amanda's boyfriend, John, came over and brought us some blueberry coffee cake from Starbucks. Well, I wasn't hungry enough to eat it last night, so I grabbed a piece this morning on my way to work, with the excuse that it was almost like a blueberry muffin and not dessert for breakfast. I finally got settled in the car and took a bite -- oh my goodness! It was heavenly!! It was the perfect start to the day!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I will admit, I was a bit disappointed with your lack of thankfulness these past few days, but this post more than makes up for it! Way to go, girlie.

For those of you that find it hard to believe that Ashleigh is a recovering work-aholic, I can affirm that this is in fact true. Way to go, Ash. We're proud of you!

KGG said...

There is only one appropriate response to your post: I am madly in love with you. Please always be a part of my life!