Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vlad was Real Bad

Wednesday, October 29: You Can Vote However You Like
This is just adorable and makes me smile: You Can Vote However You Like.

Thursday, October 30: The History Channel
I don't watch it as much as I would like, but I love, love, LOVE educational television! The past week, my favorite informative show has been Cities of the Underworld on The History Channel. In honor of Halloween, the show that aired tonight was about Vlad III the Impaler, also known as Vladimir Dracula, the Wallachia prince of terror from the 15th century.

Vlad was the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula. But don't be fooled, Vlad the Impaler makes Dracula and his entire vampire underworld look like Care Bears. Just in case any of you are reading this while eating, I'll spare you the gory details. But let's just say, Vlad wasn't called the Impaler for nothing - according to the show, he's thought to have killed between 40,000 and 100,000 people.
Anyway, this post serves two functions cause I'm definitely thankful for educational TV, but I'm also SUPER thankful that we live in a country where we don't have to worry from day to day if we will be ruthlessly executed by our leaders.

No comments: