Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Georgia On My Mind


I wish I could report that the weather in Sevilla has been improving. However, this just simply isn't the case. My madre is infuriated with the constant rainfall, and I have to agree with her.

Despite the weather, there are plenty of things that are keeping me happy and entertained though. Our first weekend in Sevilla was extremely fun and contained a couple of activities that reminded me of home.

The weekend festivities began Friday evening with a bang. Most of the group attended a discoteca called Buddha... it was a little more happening than its twin-named bar back in Athens. I introduced the group to my style of dancing, and, to my happy surprise, most embraced it and one even dances just like me!

Saturday, several of the girls got together and went shopping and just enjoyed walking the streets of Sevilla. We got another little piece of home when we went to Burger King for lunch. I have never wanted a hamburger so bad! It was delicious, but was quickly ruined when Sarah Beth and I were the unfortunate viewers of a completely exposed breastfeeding in the middle of the restaurant.

Sunday, Mallory and I attended mass at the Catedral de Sevilla. It was so good to go and hear about God in a completely other language in such a beautiful and historical place. Then, after a 3.5 hour-long siesta, we went to the Sevilla v. Bilbao fĂștbol game. It was one of the highlights of my entire life! Sevilla won on top of that, which just made it that much better! The fans could compete with the student section at Georgia... it was that good.


We ended out the weekend by watching Top Gun last night, which made me happy and sad at the same time. It definitely made me miss my family, but it was nice to have a piece of home with me.

I'm still riding the roller coaster of emotions here. I am ready to just be completely happy to be here, but I am supposing that will come with better weather and better communication with my madre.

All in all though, I'm having a fun time and I'm looking forward to blue skies. Keep me in your prayers and remember that I miss you all!

1 comment:

Speirit said...

Where did you get that leopard jacket? I need one! I envy you getting to go to the soccer match! Is that beautiful Mallory with you at the soccer game? She's almost as beautiful as you! Love you! Dad