Friday, May 23, 2008

El Baile del Chiki-Chiki

So I finally decided to write a post on here when I'm feeling better. :) I'm sure you are all very happy for that!

The last two weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions but I finally decided to de-board the ride and take control of my own attitude towards this trip. Ever since I made that decision, I have been having the time of my life and have really been able to enjoy this beautiful city I'm privileged enough to live in for a while!

This week has been packed with fun things to do ranging from a classical strings quartet concerto to a photography exhibition to a night on the town with my dancing divas! Don't worry though Dad, there were classes and a test jammed in there too. We even had beautiful weather on Thursday.




The city truly is beautiful and I can't wait for a pretty day to take pictures of the buildings in the middle of the city. They are straight from a movie.

As I was thinking about interesting things that you all may want to know, I came across this little gem that my professor shared with our class last week: El Baile del Chiki-Chiki. Don't ask questions, just watch.

Tomorrow, a group of about 20 girls are going to Córdoba which is about a 1.5 hour train ride and coming back in the evening. This will be my first time attempting international travel without adult supervision, so I have a feeling there will be some bumps and bruises along the way. But there couldn't be anything more fun, right?

I'm also trying to make plans with my mother for some additional travel time at the end of the trip. Please feel free to comment and share the places you recommend. So far, we are looking at Cinque Terre, London, Amsterdam, Paris and somewhere in Greece the most.

Also, really quick anecdote: my madre lent me this sweet leopard-print jacket to wear whenever it's cold outside. Pretty much sums me up in a jacket.

Well I have to go meet some girls for some cafe con leche, but I will try to update with a really good post on Sunday. I love you all and I hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

Speirit said...

What is that? El Chiki Chiki... I am going to try that around here. I could be the MAN!