Thursday, January 29, 2009

Get Well Goodie Bags

As a pick-me-up after the wreck, Katie assembled a Get Well Goodie Bag for me and placed it in my room so I saw it when I got home Tuesday night. In said bag, she compiled a grouping of some of my favorite things: Vogue magazine (with Blake Lively from Gossip Girl on the cover), hair products, Pellegrino, Cheezits and Funfetti icing (she couldn't find the Rainbow Chip kind)! She had also written a hilarious poem and gotten me four Gerber daisies... my favorite!!!

The poem went a little something like this:
I'm so sorry that you bumped your head.
At least you got to lay in bed.
Hopefully our favorite snack from the Golden Days
will help you rest your woes away.
There's something in your bag that bubbles
to help you with all your troubles.
And if you ever get to wash your hair*,
there's something inside to give it extra care.
I hope you have time to read
before you get back on that steed.
And, last, something to make you smile...
even though they'll be dead in a while.
I love you forever!
Feel better!

(*I was not able to wash my hair for 24 hours after I left the emergency room because the glue that was holding my gash together could get messed up. I usually wash my hair when not in this situation.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a wonderful surprise! Yay for great roomies!

KGG said...

I love you for typing out the entire poem. That's right Emma Jean you are not the only writer in the family. Check out those literary skills. :)

And mostly I'm just glad you are Joel are safe and sound.