Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Painting My Passions...

So, a couple of years ago, a hugely talented artist caught my attention. While I LOVE to paint, I'm not a big follower of art. I like it for the most part, but I've never really downright loved any particular artist's work before... until Steve.

Steve Penley's paintings are the expression of my passions, in every which way. From the oil paints, to the bursts of color, to the realistic subjects painted in a colorful, almost animated way... he paints exactly like I would if I were a more skilled artist. On top of that, he paints everything I love: flowers, history, Chick-fil-A, Coke, the Georgia Bulldogs... it's unbelievable.

Doesn't all of this just make you happy?




Now if I could just get him to paint Disney characters, my life would be complete. ;)

No comments: