Monday, August 25, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk It?

You know what Disney never tells you? That, if you're lucky, life after Neverland can be almost as fun as life in Neverland.

I know, I know.

I never thought I would think that, let alone write it down. But, I love my new life!

Since my last post, I have gotten a part-time job, moved into a new (and fabulous, might I add) house, decorated a new room and laid extensive groundwork for obtaining a full-time job. For the past year, I anticipated this time in my life with utter dread. Paying bills, waking up early, pinching pennies... it all made me cringe.

But now...

I go into work and learn fascinating things about my favorite company every day, then I make the quick drive home and get off an exit right before traffic gets horrible, walk into my Pottery Barn-esque house (thanks to my interior designing diva roommate) and do a little more work while snuggling on the couch with my new roommies watching some random chick-flick (that inevitably takes at least half an hour to choose). I. love. it.

So all of those who are in the place I was last year, keep your chin up. Sometimes when you're expecting the worst, life sends you a refreshing curve ball and all the pieces fall into place.

No comments: